Meeting the dual expectations of the CQC/CIW and a Local Authority is an increasingly difficult task, especially for those providers and Registered Managers who do not have the benefit of a corporate Head Office compliance function.
A Home has very little margin for error as CQC or CIW inspections continue to be unannounced, and Homes face much greater scrutiny from a K.L.O.E.S. and Fundamental Standards based inspection process that means providers must now evidence how they have met the new regulations.
Cornerstone has extensive experience and expertise of identifying areas of non-compliance and developing, implementing and monitoring action plans to ensure these areas are addressed. Our core services include:
- Pre CQC or CIW inspection audit to highlight areas of non-compliance.
- Provide documented action plans to ensure these shortcomings can be addressed.
- Post CQC or CIW inspection action plans to assist the service in becoming fully compliant with regulations.
- Provision of a full suite of policies and procedures relevant to Nursing, Residential, and Learning Disabilities care to comply with CQC or CIW regulations.
- Implementation of a Quality Assurance system so that a service can maintain and
monitor its performance and provide evidence for inspecting bodies.
- A 24/7 On-Call guidance service for the Home Manager or senior staff to contact our professionals. This can be done on a short-term basis for holiday, sickness or maternity cover; or a long-term arrangement to ensure standards are maintained.
- Environmental Audits can be carried out to ensure all Health & Safety certificates are held and the appropriate monitoring systems are in place.
The independent care specialists
If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact us using the following:
Cornerstone Care Solutions
PO Box 1205
07811 112 049