The Registered Manager is the vital cog in all aspects of the day-to-day management of a Home. More importantly, under the new CQC/CIW framework, their biggest concerns surround safety and leadership therefore it is critical that any Home is well-led and the Registered Manager can provide clear direction. Cornerstone has extensive experience of writing bespoke training programmes to suit individual needs, with particular expertise working with inexperienced Registered Managers, or where the Home is underperforming and some further support and guidance is needed. Typically, our training programmes focus on the following areas:
Registered Manager - Regulatory Compliance
- Overall performance assessment to identify (and rectify) any specific shortcomings.
- Arrange NVQ Level 5 Diplomas to facilitate CQC/CIW registration.
- Complaint management, action planning and resolution.
- Developing CQC and CIW compliant policies and procedures.
- Developing a culture of ongoing learning and professional development.
- Conducting meetings with the CQC/CIW and Local Authority.
- PR management and control.
Registered Manager - Staff Resource Management
- Raising financial awareness and identifying potential cost savings.
- Maximising staff resources - working hours management and utilisation guidance.
- Minimising Agency Staff usage methods.
- Recruitment compliance guidance.
- Recruitment interview and staff selection guidance.
- Developing staff appraisal and performance management systems and procedures.
- HR investigations and disciplinary meeting guidance.
- Staff meeting importance and guidance.
Registered Manager - Marketing
- Identifying USPs unique to the Home and how to use them to your advantage.
- Resident dependency appraisals to increase fee rates.
- Identifying opportunities to increase the quality premium.
- Maximising relationships with CQC or CIW Inspectors.
- Maximising relationships with Local Authority Commissioners.
- Developing proposals for block-booking contracts.
- Identifying and implementing new local marketing initiatives and 'quick wins'.
- Identifying and implementing new Next of Kin and resident activities.
The independent care specialists
If you have any queries or wish to make an appointment, please contact us using the following:
Cornerstone Care Solutions
PO Box 1205
07811 112 049